Member Update from the Chief Executive (1 Apr 21).
The health, safety and welfare of RSMA staff and member companies remains at the forefront of RSMA operations during the current COVID-19 outbreak. The RSMA shall continue to monitor and be guided by the advice provided by the UK Government and shall continue to operate and support members to the maximum possible degree.
As at 1 Apr:
- The RSMA is operating a ‘near normal’ service.
- The RSMA is open and operating on minimum staffing levels.
- The RSMA office is a COVID secure environment.
- We will continue to post COVID-19 relevant information on the RSMA website.
- We will continue to distribute information via social media platforms, Linkedin and Mailchimp (check your ‘junk’ folder and designate as ‘not junk’ to stay in the information loop and receive future e-mails).
- We continue to publish ‘On the Line’ monthly.
- The RSMA Conference & Awards event shall be on 3 Feb 2022.
- A remote MIG will be held on Thu 22 Apr 21. Pse see website for programme.
- Top Marks will be distributed in November.
- We continue to host Health & Safety and Technical Forums and the sub-working groups relating to both (Traffic Management, Yellow Chromaticity et al). This is in addition to meetings of the National Highways Sector Scheme #7 Committee, Highways England, BSi and others. All meetings are currently held via a video conferencing platform.
- The Sector Skills Manager is available for on-site training/ assessments. Some limitations are in place and requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please contact the office for further details.
- We are now able to accept video evidence of work undertaken (to be assessed by the Sector Skills Manger) in order to progress trainees and maintain training momentum.
- All delayed SAP Groups have been rescheduled.
- SAP Group 67 will commence 26 Apr 21. We have very limited availability for this group. Please contact the office asap if you wish to request a place.
- We are as yet unable to confirm that the additional Linetrain grant will be available throughout FY 21/22. Please see members’ area of the website for details.
- We are accepting bookings/registration of individuals for all future training/assessment. Some limitations may apply. Please contact the office for details.
Below are links to the most up to date advice for employers, employees and general best practice that members may find useful.
If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01427 610101.
Road Safety Markings Association