A Message to Members from the RSMA Chief Executive:
The health, safety and welfare of RSMA staff and member companies is at the forefront of RSMA contingency planning during the current COVID-19 outbreak. RSMA continues to monitor and be guided by the advice provided by the UK Government and as a result the following actions have been implemented. Notwithstanding the measures outlined below, RSMA shall continue to operate and support members to the maximum possible degree by utilising alternative mechanisms and approaches where possible.
The following actions have been taken:
- RSMA hosted meetings will take place via alternative methods (conferencing/webinar facilities), these include the Health & Safety Forum (21 Apr), Traffic Management Working Group (21 Apr) and Sector Scheme #7 Meeting (23 Apr). Those due to attend will be contacted shortly.
- RSMA Member Interest Groups (MIGs) scheduled for Bristol (30 Apr) and Manchester (5 May) are cancelled. The content of the MIGs shall be provided to members via an alternative mechanism.
- RSMA staff shall not attend external meetings in person, but will endeavour to join such meetings remotely if facilities are available.
- The majority of RSMA staff will be working from home to minimise social interaction. The RSMA office shall remain ‘manned’ and we have a plan in place that should see no interruption if you wish to contact us via telephone or e-mail.
- RSMA has postponed all training and assessment activity. This shall be rescheduled for later in the year. All those affected will be contacted directly, but please contact Jason Jermany on 07800 806985 should you have any questions.
- RSMA shall continue to accept bookings for training/assessment for later in the year should members wish to plan ahead.
These decisions have not been taken lightly, but I should like to reassure members that there will be minimal disruption to operations as we seek to provide a ‘business as usual’ service.
Below are links to the most up to date advice for employers, employees and general best practice that members may find useful. We will continue to provide updated information as more becomes available.
If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01427 610101.
Road Safety Markings Association