Member Update from the Chief Executive (8 Jan 21).
The health, safety and welfare of RSMA staff and member companies remains at the forefront of RSMA operations during the current COVID-19 outbreak. The RSMA shall continue to monitor and be guided by the advice provided by the UK Government and shall continue to operate and support members to the maximum possible degree.
As at 8 Jan 21:
- The RSMA will continue to operate during Lockdown #3.
- Most staff are working from home (5 F/T and 3 P/T) but as some tasks cannot be completed from home the RSMA office will remain open albeit on minimum staffing levels.
- The RSMA office is a COVID secure environment. However, please do not visit the office.
- We will continue to post COVID-19 relevant information on the RSMA website.
- We will continue to distribute information via social media platforms, Linkedin and Mailchimp (check your ‘junk’ folder and designate as ‘not junk’ to stay in the information loop and receive future e-mails).
- We will continue to publish ‘On the Line’ monthly.
- The RSMA Conference & Awards event shall be on 3 Feb 2022.
- The RSMA AGM was held on Wed 4 Nov 20. Minutes are available on the RSMA website.
- A remote MIG will be held on Thu 4 Feb 21. Pse see website for programme.
- Top Marks has been distributed.
- We continue to host Health & Safety and Technical Forums and the sub-working groups relating to both (Traffic Management, Yellow Chromaticity et al). This is in addition to meetings of the National Highways Sector Scheme #7 Committee, Highways England, BSi and others. All meetings are currently held via a video conferencing platform.
- The minutes of the RSMA Executive Committee meeting that took place on 15 Oct 20 have been uploaded to the members area of the website.
- The Sector Skills Manager is available for on-site training/ assessments. Some limitations are in place and requests will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Please contact the office for further details.
- We are now able to accept video evidence of work undertaken (to be assessed by the Sector Skills Manger) in order to progress trainees and maintain training momentum.
- SAP Group 66 will be inducted as planned on Mon 15 Feb. It is likely that this will be done via MS Teams (tbc).
- Due to COVID limitations we have very limited availability for SAP Group 66. Please contact the office asap if you wish to request a place.
- The additional Linetrain grant will remain available to employers for SAP Group 66. We are as yet unable to confirm that the grant will be available in FY 21/22. Please see members’ area of the website for details.
- All other SAP Groups due to attend RSMA are being rescheduled. We will advise new dates no later than 22 Jan 21.
- We are accepting bookings/registration of individuals for all future training/assessment. Some limitations may apply. Please contact the office for details.
Below are links to the most up to date advice for employers, employees and general best practice that members may find useful.
If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01427 610101.
Road Safety Markings Association