Member Update from the Chief Executive (6 Jul 20).
The health, safety and welfare of RSMA staff and member companies remains at the forefront of RSMA operations during the current COVID-19 outbreak. The RSMA shall continue to monitor and be guided by the advice provided by the UK Government and shall continue to operate and support members to the maximum possible degree.
As at 6 Jul 20:
- Seven of the eight RSMA staff are back at work (5 F/T & 2 P/T). One member of staff is currently furloughed. All working staff are working from home.
- It is anticipated that staff shall return to the RSMA building wef 3 Aug.
- Telephone calls to the office are still being re-directed to members of staff at home and the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address is being monitored. We are here if you need us, and apologies in advance is the response is not immediate.
- We continue to post COVID-19 relevant information on the RSMA website.
- We continue to distribute information via social media platforms, Linkedin and Mailchimp (check your ‘junk’ folder and designate as ‘not junk’ to stay in the information loop and receive future e-mails).
- We continue to publish ‘On the Line’ monthly.
- We posted in the members area from 1 May 20, a series of presentations that would have been made at the Apr/May MIGs. These will be added to in the near future.
- The MIG and Conference & Awards events scheduled for 28/29 Oct have been cancelled.
- Planning is underway for the AGM, which we hope to hold in the autumn. Dates and times shall be confirmed as soon as possible.
- We hope to hold 2 MIGs during FY 20/21. One in the autumn of 2020 and a second, in early Feb 21.
- Top Marks will be published in Nov 20 and circulated with Highways Magazine.
- RSMA continues to host Health & Safety and Technical Forums and the sub-working groups relating to both (Traffic Management, Yellow Chromaticity et al). This is in addition to meetings of the National Highways Sector Scheme #7 Committee, Highways England, BSi and others. All meetings are currently held via a video conferencing platform.
- The RSMA Executive Committee scheduled for 12 May took place on 9 Jun 20. Minutes should be uploaded to the members area of the website by cob Mon 13 Jul.
- The Sector Skills Manager is available for on-site assessments. Some limitations are in place. Please contact the office for further details.
- We are now able to accept video evidence of work undertaken (to be assessed by the Sector Skills Manger) in order to progress trainees and maintain training momentum.
- SAP G63 complete their induction on Mon 8 Jun 20.
- We are planning to hold SAP G63 ‘Week One’ at the RSMA during early Sep.
- We are planning to hold SAP G64 ‘Week One’ at the RSMA in late Sep as planned.
- We are accepting bookings/registration of individuals for all training/assessment. Some limitations may apply. Please contact the office for details.
- A tapered extension to ORAS completion dates has been agreed. Please see website for details.
- With effect from SAP G63, additional grant funding is available for employers. Please see members’ area of the website for details.
I should like to reassure members that we continue to operate a ‘business as usual’ policy where it is possible to do so within the advice and guidance provided by the UK Government.
Below are links to the most up to date advice for employers, employees and general best practice that members may find useful.
If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01427 610101.
Road Safety Markings Association