A Message to Members from the RSMA Chief Executive (updated 24 Apr 20).
The health, safety and welfare of RSMA staff and member companies remains at the forefront of RSMA operations during the current COVID-19 outbreak. The RSMA shall continue to monitor and be guided by the advice provided by the UK Government and shall continue to operate and support members to the maximum possible degree.
As at 24 Apr 20:
- Four RSMA staff are currently furloughed until 31 May 20. All remaining staff are working from home.
- Telephone calls to the office are being re-directed to members of staff and the firstname.lastname@example.org e-mail address is being monitored. We are here if you need us, and apologies in advance is the response is not immediate.
- We shall continue to post COVID-19 relevant information on the RSMA website.
- We shall continue to distribute information via social media platforms, linkedin and Mailchimp (check your ‘junk’ folder and designate as ‘not junk’ to stay in the information loop and receive future e-mails).
- We shall continue to publish On the Line monthly.
- We shall post in the members area on 1 May 20, a series of presentations that would have been made at the Apr/May MIGs (both of which have been cancelled).
- The MIG and Conference & Awards events scheduled for 28/29 Oct have been cancelled.
- We plan to hold the RSMA AGM on 5 Oct in Manchester (possibly co-incident with a MIG). This will be confirmed nearer the time.
- We plan to hold a second MIG during FY 20/21 (likely to be during the first 2 weeks of Feb 21).
- We shall publish Top Marks in either Q3 or Q4.
- We hosted the RSMA Health & Safety Forum and Traffic Management Working Group on 21 Apr and the Sector Scheme #7 Meeting on 23 Apr via a video conferencing platform.
- The RSMA Executive Committee scheduled for 12 May shall now take place via video conference on 9 Jun 20.
- We have postponed all physical training and assessment activity. This shall be rescheduled for later in the year. Please contact the office if you have any questions.
- We continue to investigate ways in which we can maintain training/assessment momentum. Options include accepting video evidence of work undertaken which will then be assessed by RSMA. We shall provide more information shortly.
- We are continuing to accept bookings/register individuals for all training/assessment elements whether they be SAP, NVQ, ORAS or any others. These shall be pencilled in from Jun/Jul but may be subject to change.
- A tapered extension to ORAS completion dates has been agreed. Please see website for details.
- With effect from SAP G63, additional grant funding is available for employers. Please see members’ area of the website from 28 Apr for details.
I should like to reassure members that we continue to operate a ‘business as usual’ policy where it is possible to do so within the advice and guidance provided by the UK Government.
Below are links to the most up to date advice for employers, employees and general best practice that members may find useful.
If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01427 610101.
Road Safety Markings Association