Member Update from the Chief Executive (10 Aug 20).
The health, safety and welfare of RSMA staff and member companies remains at the forefront of RSMA operations during the current COVID-19 outbreak. The RSMA shall continue to monitor and be guided by the advice provided by the UK Government and shall continue to operate and support members to the maximum possible degree.
As at 10 Aug 20:
- All RSMA have returned to work. 5 F/T and 3 P/T.
- Staff are from today (10 Aug 20), operating from the RSMA building.
- The return to work of many agencies has allowed us to move to a ‘business as usual position’.
- We will continue to post COVID-19 relevant information on the RSMA website.
- We will continue to distribute information via social media platforms, Linkedin and Mailchimp (check your ‘junk’ folder and designate as ‘not junk’ to stay in the information loop and receive future e-mails).
- We will continue to publish ‘On the Line’ monthly.
- The MIG and Conference & Awards events scheduled for 28/29 Oct have been cancelled.
- Planning is underway for the AGM, which we hope to hold in the autumn. Dates and times shall be confirmed as soon as possible.
- We hope to hold 2 MIGs during FY 20/21. One in the autumn of 2020 and a second, in early Feb 21.
- Top Marks will be published in Nov 20 and circulated with Highways Magazine.
- RSMA continues to host Health & Safety and Technical Forums and the sub-working groups relating to both (Traffic Management, Yellow Chromaticity et al). This is in addition to meetings of the National Highways Sector Scheme #7 Committee, Highways England, BSi and others. All meetings are currently held via a video conferencing platform.
- The minutes of the RSMA Executive Committee meeting that took place on 9 Jun 20 have been uploaded to the members area of the website.
- The Sector Skills Manager has now completed several on-site assessments and is available. Some limitations are in place. Please contact the office for further details.
- We are now able to accept video evidence of work undertaken (to be assessed by the Sector Skills Manger) in order to progress trainees and maintain training momentum.
- SAP G63 complete their induction on Mon 8 Jun 20.
- SAP G63 ‘Week One’ will be held at the RSMA w/c 7 Sep 20.
- SAP G64 ‘Week One’ will be held at the RSMA w/c 14 Sep 20.
- We are accepting bookings/registration of individuals for all training/assessment. Some limitations may apply. Please contact the office for details.
- A tapered extension to ORAS completion dates has been agreed. Please see website for details.
- With effect from SAP G63, additional grant funding is available for employers. Please see members’ area of the website for details.
Below are links to the most up to date advice for employers, employees and general best practice that members may find useful.
If you have any queries, please contact the office on 01427 610101.
Road Safety Markings Association