NEW COURSE CONTENT
Our Road Marking Specialist Applied-Skills Programme is the industry approved training scheme. Comprising of 21 industry relevant practical and classroom based modules spread over three full weeks and one four day block.
The course content is designed for Trainees who have been working in the industry for up to 6 months. The course ensures Trainees are able to understand the hazards & the safe working practices within this specialised industry.
Upon completion, Trainees will be able to operate equipment and be NVQ Level 2 qualified to apply road markings to industry standards. They will understand the safe working practices required for this specialised industry and be competent in identifying and managing hazards.
- Introduction to the RSMA SAP Scheme and NVQ
- Introduction to the Road Marking Industry
- Road Marking Standards
- Safe Vehicle Manoeuvring
- Manual Handling
- Temporary Traffic Management Basic Course (TTMBC) and 12d-T1
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- An Appreciation of ADR Exemptions
- First Safety During Road Safety Marking Activities
- Practical Setting Out and Application of Road Markings
- Pre-formed Markings and Temporary Road-Studs
- Road Marking Hand-Held Line Removal
- IOSH Working Safely
- Road Marking Equipment
- Near Miss Reporting for Road Marking Operatives
- Fairness, Inclusion and Respect
- Hand Arm Vibration (HAV) Awareness
- Conflict Resolution
- Mental Health First Aid
- Fork Lift Truck
Some of the training carried out under the SAP may qualify for Grant Funding to a total of £1800 for Employers who are a CITB levy-payer and in scope (subject to change, and RSMA and CITB Terms & Conditions).
In relation to off-the-job training visits to the RSMA, further funding may be available from CITB to cover travel and accommodation costs. More information can be found at https://www.citb.co.uk/levy-grants-and-funding/grants-funding/apprenticeship-travel-and-accommodation-funding-travel-to-train/
Who Should Attend?
Duration18 Months. Four module blocks (3 full weeks & 1 x 4 days) FLT arranged locally. Four intakes per year.
LocationRSMA Office, Gainsborough
Please complete the below and a member of the training team will be in touch